Every year, homeowners who are planning to move must choose between selling their homes over the holidays or delaying their move. Furthermore, other homeowners who have already listed their properties may start considering taking them off the market and waiting until the beginning of the new year.
The fact is that a lot of buyers want to buy a house for the holidays, and your house might be exactly what they need. Here are five excellent reasons for selling your home during the holiday celebrations.
1. Despite an increase in the number of homes for sale this year, the number of available properties still falls short of the demand from buyers. The National Association of Realtors (NAR)'s Senior Economist and Director of Forecasting, Nadia Evangelou, explains: “There’s still this gap between demand and supply because we were underbuilding for many years... So now we see demand is slowing, but it still outpaces supply.”
2. Right now, the most serious homebuyers are on the market, and interestingly, millennials are currently driving the demand for home purchases, they are eager to buy. Chief economist at First American, Mark Fleming, explains: “While not the frenzy of 2021, the largest living generation, the Millennials, will continue to age into their prime home-buying years, creating a demographic tailwind for the housing market.”
3. Even over the holidays, or maybe just because of it, many still want to be homeowners. In fact, many purchasers are drawn to properties that have been decorated for the holidays. Additionally, buyers who search for homes over the holidays are prepared to buy.
4. As a home seller, you can choose the days and hours of the showings that work best for you. This can assist you in reducing interruptions, which is particularly crucial at this time of year.
5. Nowadays, rents keep increasing dramatically. In addition, a lot of buyers want to avoid the rental trap for another year with rising rents. According to experts: “Over the next 12 months, rents are expected to grow more than inflation, the stock market, and home values.” These homebuyers might be able to permanently end their tenancy by moving into your home.
It still makes sense to put your house on the market over the holidays for a variety of reasons. If you want to know if selling now is the best option, get in touch with Laura Larson.